Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
photosmart C6280 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It appears several people have lost their option for duplex printing, myself included. Options have been suggested, all of which I have tried with no success. With me this is a recent problem. My printer was working perfectly ok with Windows 10 but now the duplex module is not recognised although showing as installed. Is there no-one from Hp who can come up with up with a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Bluebutterfly,

Thank you for your reply! 

I understand that you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling already. But I have a feeling that everything is not being installed properly. 

Please try the following steps in this order: 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope these steps help! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Bluebutterfly,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I read your post on how you cannot print double-sided with your HP Photosmart c6280, on Windows 10. And, I am happy to help! 

I am not sure what has been tried so far, but I would recommend to take a look at this post, Re: Double -sided printing Photosmart C6280, by @ShlomiL. And, let me know the results! 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this post helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi musicman, many thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I had already viewed the posts you linked to but it has not helped. I have uninstalled and redownloaded the software and drivers twice but always the same results. My printer shows the duplex module as being installed but it isn't recognised. It's a great pity as I'm very happy with this printer but not printing duplex is a drag.

HP Recommended

Hi Bluebutterfly,

Thank you for your reply! 

I understand that you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling already. But I have a feeling that everything is not being installed properly. 

Please try the following steps in this order: 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope these steps help! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks again MusicMan.

I don't know what's going on with my printer but, while printing off your suggested instructions, it printed double-sided although the module not installed warning still appeared. I shall leave well alone for the time being but I have your suggestions for future reference.:womanvery-happy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.