Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 4535
macOS 10.12 Sierra

HP have been sending a pop up window advising me that my printer is 'low on ink' and that I should 'Order Now -fast and Easy!'  

No matter how often I have closed this pop-up window it appears again.  Perhaps a doze times so far today,  which is extremely annoying.   

I can change the printer cartridges (I have spares on hand)  which may stop these pop up windows,  but feel that would be wrong as the cartridges do no yet need to be replaced.

Does any body have any suggestions as to how to permamently stop these pop-up windows?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Onion-Bill

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you need to know how to disable notification getting low on ink advisory on your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Kudos to you for trying out few steps before reaching out to us.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Go to system preferences on your mac, it would usually be the bottom option in there.There is a tab in the settings for alerts, and you can then disable them in there.

Make sure you acknowledge the messages inside the HP Message Center. By just clicking OK on the pop-up will not stop the messages. If you have a handful you can Ctrl-Click and highlight all the messages and then close them all at once.

If acknowledging it inside the Message Center does not fix it you can permanently disable all messages by opening the HP Utility which is inside the Applications folder (in Finder). Once inside HP Utility, there should be a button in the top right for Settings. Click that and uncheck the boxes for displaying alerts.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.