Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I sent several messages to them regarding the issue and they finally contacted me earlier today. I will see if they step up and address this issue.
HP Recommended
I have spoken to customer support and it appears that they are not going to take responsibility for their software causing our printers to be totally worthless yet their solution is to PURCHASE another HP product. You must be kidding me!
HP Recommended

que4dog - They said the same thing to me. They even told me they were "not allowed" to make any other teams within HP aware of this issue to prevent this from happening to other customers... Which is unfortunate becuase I support hundreds of users and will not be recommending HP's products any longer.

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone, 

If you are experiencing the issue with the printer stuck in initialize mode you will need to contact phone support this way they can assist you with getting the printer back up and working.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

Hewlett Packard Technical Support

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Mine is just over a year old, I refuse to pay for out of warranty support on firmware that HP put out and didn't test very well and bricked my machine.  Tried to sell me a $240 replacement when I paid $175 for this one. 2nd HP machine they have tried running this scam on me. Will NOT EVER purchase another HP product, they sell products that break or they break and try to sell you something else instead of fixing it, horrible customer service.  Purchased a Brother printer that has been great, more features, better quality and better price. If my machine just broke down or I broke it then I will pay to replace/fix it, your firmware did this you should be fixing it for free.

HP Recommended

Dear PC wizard

your reply/advice is impudent. It indicates that you ignore or dismiss all complaints in this blog.

In addition:

1. I did not ask for firmware update - HP utility forced it, so HP is responsible for damage, whether on warranty or not;

2. the technical support is absolutely useless - it connects to some system in India, where people work by the script and have no idea about the product. The problem described here is not in the script, so they claim it never happen, and it does not matter if this is the "service" under warranty or chargeable. Of course, if the printer is still under warranty, HP would have to replace it (because they don't know how to fix it and it would be chipper to replace)

If you are a "PC expert" representing HP, no wonder the technical support is helpless. You already gave two advices that by definition could not work, because required "ready" status of the printer and established connection to PC, and now you refer to people who know even less than you.

Shame on HP

HP Recommended
I directed this message as reply to "PC wizard" but it was places just in ablog queue
HP Recommended
WARNING TO EVERYONE! I went over every scenario with HP support and it was a total waste of time. In the end, they are not taking any responsibility even though they are clearly negligent for ruining our printers_ and are so ignorant that they attempt to sell you another HP product. NOT A CHANCE. HP YOU NEED TO FIX OUR MACHINES OR REPLACE THEM FREE! Is that so hard to understand!
HP Recommended

HI Boguslaw, 

I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi que4dog, 

I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly.

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.