12-14-2013 11:22 PM
I have a network, and two HP printers on it, with a server. HP universal driver works on one of the printers, but it does not work on the M1522nf . Tried installing the HP universal driver twice, once with the other printer's ip, once with the m1522's ip, the other printer works just fine, whilst mine does not even print. Don't know what to do.
12-16-2013 08:11 AM
Which UPD(s) did you try? Are you running 32 or 64 bit on the server?
The 1522 is compatible with UPDs on a Win2008 server, you might have to mix and match until you find one that responds well with your network enviornment. The 1522 also has a dedicated print driver for the 2008 server that you could try too.
When setting up a UPD you need to make sure that each physical printer has its own printing object/spool in the Devices and Printers folder. From there you also need to make sure that each printing object has the correct printing port assigned to it. If both ports are pointing to the same IP address then you will have problems, ports must be unique.
View the printing ports:
1. Open Devices and Printers
2. Right click a printing object
3. Select Printer Properties
4. Select the Ports tab
5. Highlight the current port in the list
6. Click Configure Port...
7. Review and compare the port information (IP Address)
My HP Enterprise Profile
My Verizon Wireless profile
If you found this post helpful then please award it a Kudo (purple thumbs up) or even better mark it as the solution : )
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)