Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Officejet Pro 8600 wifi communication "disabled" - wifi is working.  Error message says "The printer is not connected."  Computer recognizes the printer - connection type: Bonjour; Driver Version: HP Inkjet 3 Driver 4/3/0.  All other device infomration: "Unknown"  On printer setup menu, Network, message: "Built-in network capabilities have been disabled...."  Have checked and wifi network is operating - rebooted the router with no joy.  How to fix?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Try the following:  on the printer front panel click Setup, Network, scroll down to Reset Network Defaults at the bottom of the list.  This should enable the wireless network, you can then set things up.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,  Thanks for your time answering my thread.  Did as you suggested (Set Up > Network) - got the following: "Network Disabled.  Bulilt-in network capabilities have been disabled.  Contact your network administrator [me] or the person who set up the printer."  R/Phil

HP Recommended

Since the netwwork settings could not be reset from the front panel I have asked for some of the other HP Experts online today to lend a hand with this issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Have send you a private message to enable the settings, please look for it in the top right hand corner of the HP Forum page (envelope icon)

Let us know if that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.