Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP Office ject Pro 8600 Printer is not printing the same margins as my original document.  The left margin on the print copy is 3/4" too far to the right.  The margin on the right is too far right and the text is being printed off the page!

The problem seemed to start when I loaded Avery Labels to print.

I run a non-profit and need to make copies asap for a sponsorship letter for a fundraising event.

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

It sounds like something has glitched in the firmware.  First thing to try is a firmware update.  You can find instruction on how to do that here.  If that doesn't work, try doing a hard reset to clear the RAM on the printer.

To do a hard reset:

1. Make sure the printer is on.
  2. Pull the power cord from the back of the printer.
  3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Plug everything back up, and turn the printer back on.

Let me know what happens.

Also as an F.Y.I. I know that being a non-profit can limit the funds that you have, but your printer does come with a 1 year factory warranty.  If your in warranty and need imediate help, call 1-800-474-6836 for the US and Canada, international users click here.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my printer.  Margins are set correctly in program, print preview is perfect, but pages print with about 1/2" to 3/4" extra space on left side of page and cut off on right side of page.  Margins are correct top and bottom on some pages sometimes and sometimes centered top to bottom even though margins are not set to center vertically.  Tried hard reset, tried re-installing software more than once,  looked at every setting there is many times - nothing works. 

Also, same documents print correctly on old printer.  Print incorrectly on this printer from computer running Vista and second computer running Windows 7.   Is there any way to resolve this issue or will I need to be buying a new printer? 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick reply.  The issue with my printer was caused by a small envelope stuck inside.  This caused a retriction in the movement for the ink cartridge.  Not too sure why the printer would continue to print.  Usually when there is a paper jam, the printer will not print.

I am having issues with printing on 3x4 envelopes.  They continually get stuck inside the printer.  I have switched to printing on labels instead.

HP Recommended

@SemiahmooAnimal  That is strange, but I'm glad you got it working.

@TJ111  Did you try the firmware update suggested in my first post?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

It seems like this is a very common issue, I have the exact same problem. Although the margins are set correctly in program, print preview is perfect,it still prints about 1/2" to 3/4" off to right side of the page and cut off on right side of page.  I also  tried firmware update, hard reset, tried re-installing software,  looked at every setting there is many times - nothing works. 

and now the print quality is really bad, it is missing lines, if I reprint the same page, this time some other lines are missing, it prints as if I'm running out of ink, which is not the case; 3/4 is full. 

The problem occured after paper jam, I removed the part at the back and took the paper out. I'm still suspecting, there might be another paper stuck inside, although, it still prints. 

This is a brand new printer, used only 4 times. It's really upsetting.... 

HP Recommended
@Dilskie If you make a copy from the printer itself, does the problem come up?
Signature
HP Recommended

Yes it does and it takes a minute to calibrate before printing or copying, each time. 

HP Recommended
I have sent you some steps via Private Message. Below is a link that will show you how to use this forum feature if you are not familiar with it.

How To Send A Private Message – Video:
http://goo.gl/6o7yZ
Signature
HP Recommended

Did you ever solve this issue? We have a brand new 8600 for christmas and it is doing this right out of the box, and also alignment unsuccessful everytime.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.