Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Support,

I had an HP ENVY 4500 installed on a laptop with Windows 8.1 and the HP Software scanner worked fine.

I've recently reinstalled the same laptop but with Windows 10 Pro: the printer works fine but the HP scanner software isn't available! I can't use all printer functionality in this manner ...

My question is: why the HP scanner software isn't available for Windows 10 Pro? I've used the original driver CD.

Where I can download the (new) software for Windows 10 Pro?

Please help me to fix this issue.

Kind regards

Carmine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear all,

now I've solved my issue: I've install the Windows 10 App "HP Scan and Capture" from the Microsoft Store and it works fine with HP ENVY 4500 printer / scanner!

Regards

Carmine 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The Windows 10 software had been available for months on the HP web site here.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-4500-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5304875/mod...

Install the full Featured Software and drivers.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your fast reply dear colleague (I'm an HPE colleague too) but I've already tried to install the latest driver available from the HP web-site. It works as "printer" only ... It doesn't contains the HP Scanner software (for Windows 10) as already available with the previuous Microsoft's release.

On the original support CD the HP Scanner sofware was only compatible with Microsoft Window 8.

Only for your information, I've tried to reinstall the software settings the Windows 8 compatibility capability but the results is the same: no scanner software, only Windows 10's drivers.

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards

Carmine

HP Recommended

Dear all,

now I've solved my issue: I've install the Windows 10 App "HP Scan and Capture" from the Microsoft Store and it works fine with HP ENVY 4500 printer / scanner!

Regards

Carmine 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.