03-15-2012 09:19 AM
Is it possible to keep more than one wireless connection installed for my Deskjet 3000 (J310 series) in Devices & Printers? I am using Windows 7 Pro. For example when I travel to my dad's house I take my printer with me and he has a wireless cable connection. I have to go through the setup to get the printer on his network, then when I come home I have to go through the process again to get back on my network. I would like to be able for it to keep BOTH so all I have to do is select one or the other and not go through setup again!
Hope there is a solution!
03-16-2012 02:06 PM
Unfortunately the printer can only store one network settings at a time. I'm not sure of any printer than remembers multiple network settings either.
Unless its a mobile printer, printers are not typically moved between different networks.
Is there a particular reason for moving the printer? I'm just curious and hope I have been informational.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)