Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi I bought this printer new from e-bay Christmas 2016.  But for some reason I have no warranty.  Everytime I try to use it there are issues.   So I rarely print anything.  It always prints test pages but never word docs with out a least an hour of me messing with it or photos. 

I have  a Dell Latitude  windows 7, 64 bit. I did everything  instructed that's why I get the test pages. Even disabled my firewalls.  It loses network connection but my wifi connection is 150. ??

Can someone please tell me what to do, I can not afford a new printer right now.  I have months of HP ink I never used

Is there a cord I can buy for this.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI, Thanks for the response. 

A few reports  were  generated automatically & they were incomplete because of the issues - I  then called Xfinity    ( Comcast ) to see if they could help since my wifi  router/modem is through them.

He told me my DNS numbers were wrong & gave me their numbers, I had to hang up for an appointment.  Later that day I changed the DNS numbers but it still wouldn't work.

And for some odd reason it would not save the old DNS numbers from the report.

What I ended up doing was a complete uninstall & reinstall of everything associated with the printer.  Despite not saving any settings ( I wanted all settings to go in automatically ) The new DNS numbers were there & I could not get rid of them. 

So I did a restore to get rid of  the Xfinity DNS numbers.  

" But Instead of using my password I pressed a button on the Xfinity modem so it would automatically find the printer. 

Now it works fine. " next time or if I have a different printer  this is the only step I will take.  it automatically added my password and I'm assuming the correct DNS numbers.

Thanks for the offer to help.  It is very much appreciated.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Charlotte2016,

Thanks for showing interest in the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing problems with your "HP 5600" Printer. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Firstly, I would contact HP if you have the receipt to see if they will honor the warranty. 

You can certainly purchase a 2.0 USB cable for your printer if you're experiencing wireless issues. 

Also, the HP Officejet 5600 All-in-One Printer series is not wireless, therefore, you must mean the HP Officejet 6500 Printer. Is this correct?

What is the full name and product number of your printer?

Depending on which HP Officejet 6500 Printer you have, you might be able to connect the printer using a network cable (ethernet) to the router, to achieve the same connectivity as the wireless.

In the meantime, please try the steps with this guide: 

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Check Warranty Status: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home 
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know the following information above. Please respond to this post with the results. Thank you for posting!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

HI, Thanks for the response. 

A few reports  were  generated automatically & they were incomplete because of the issues - I  then called Xfinity    ( Comcast ) to see if they could help since my wifi  router/modem is through them.

He told me my DNS numbers were wrong & gave me their numbers, I had to hang up for an appointment.  Later that day I changed the DNS numbers but it still wouldn't work.

And for some odd reason it would not save the old DNS numbers from the report.

What I ended up doing was a complete uninstall & reinstall of everything associated with the printer.  Despite not saving any settings ( I wanted all settings to go in automatically ) The new DNS numbers were there & I could not get rid of them. 

So I did a restore to get rid of  the Xfinity DNS numbers.  

" But Instead of using my password I pressed a button on the Xfinity modem so it would automatically find the printer. 

Now it works fine. " next time or if I have a different printer  this is the only step I will take.  it automatically added my password and I'm assuming the correct DNS numbers.

Thanks for the offer to help.  It is very much appreciated.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.