Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP desk jet 2542

Until last week it printed everything I sent to it.  Now will print anything except pictures from my photos. Nothing has changed otherwise.  This is an air printer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @BJCMST – Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel!

I understand that you are trying to print photos from your iPad. I'd like help 🙂

Let's try installing the HP All-in-One remote app (HP AiO remote app) to print from your iPad. Go to apple store and install the HP AiO remote app on your phone. Once done, try printing the photos again using the HP AiO app.

I found a wonderful document which will give you instructions on how to use this app. Please go through the steps here: http://hp.care/2dlUQ2b

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

This appears to be an intermittent problem.  I was able to print 1 picture, but then following the same procedure, the printer did not respond.  The odd thing is it prints everything else I send to it, just not pictures.

HP Recommended

Hello, @BJCMST

That's certainly little weird. The only reason I can think of is the paper settings on the app. Make sure you are selecting 4*6 or the correct paper size. Also, make sure to select the correct media type, i.e the photo paper as the media. 

If the issue persists, try printing using the Apple AirPrint feature.

Now, Apple AirPrint is a feature which will enable printing from most of the apps including Safari, Mail, Photos, and iWorks. Additionally, other popular apps available in the App Store are supported. In the app, tap the Action icon  or , and then tap Print to print with AirPrint. Follow the steps below to use the AirPrint from your mobile devices:

1. In the app that you want to print from, tap the Action icon ( or ) to display the menu options.
  2. Tap Print. The Printer Options menu displays.
  3. On the Printer Options menu, tap Select Printer. A list of available printers on the network displays.
  4. Tap your HP ePrint printer in the drop-down menu. The Printer Options menu displays again and shows your selected printer.
  5. If you do not need to change print options, tap Print to send the print job to the HP printer.

You can check http://hp.care/2dfqOrL for detailed instructions.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.