Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
We are also having this problem with our HP Envy 5530. Keeps getting stuck at "scanning alignment page..." No matter what we do. Tried all the steps above as well as other solutions. It always boots up, prints out an alignment page, asks for us to place it on the scanner, then we push ok for the scanning to begin and it makes some noise but then it just stops here forever.
HP Recommended

Solution does not worked for me I unplugged the printers for minutes and removed cartridges and nothing.

Please help.

HP Recommended

This does not fix my issue, tried to reset following instructions step by step.  It does not fix it.

I can print by choosing to not align, but I want to scan documents...

Please provide correct instructions that will work.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

Guys,

I was having the exact same issue on my hp desjet 3545. The scanning going on for ever. The hard restart did not solve it. It printed another alignment page and asked for that to be scanned. After starting the scan for that and waiting for some time, I just placed my hand on the cover(the thing under which you put your documents to scan) of the printer to feel if it is doing anything at all. Immediately it scanned the alignment page. So bottom line is that it might not be scanning your alignment page because the page is not pressed hard enough against the glass. Just try pushing down on the cover. might work.

Thx,

Prashant

HP Recommended

Was this problem ever solved. I'm having the same problem. I have followed the steps suggested.

HP Recommended

No. After two printers failed with the same problem. I wrote a review on this printer with Amazon. HP contacted me shortly thereafter and did a unexpected exceptional customer service move. They sent me another printer at NO cost. This time the printer worked flawlessly and has been for over a year now.

HP use to be, in my opinion, one of the BEST in customer service for support of their products. However, with the disappointment of the 5530 printer experience I felt their customer service had taken a downturn.

With their response to my review comments on Amazon by providing another 5530 printer at no cost, has given me confidence that once again HP is focused on improving Customer Service and Safisfaction.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.