Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have been having a problem with printing off center and cutting off the right side of my text. I ran alignment but it kept going after an hour. It didn't seem to be doing anything. My printer is only a little over a month old. How can I set it so it doesn't print off center?

36 REPLIES 36
HP Recommended

There appear to be no replys on this forum for the problem

HP Recommended

I have encountered the same problem with printing 8x10 on my HP 8600.

I will continue to search, but any help is appreciated. 

HP Recommended

I had this problem with my new 8100 (the baby brother to the 8600) and it was driving me crazy....my prints were perfect but just off-centre on the page with a 'mystery' 2 inch blank margin down the left size of the page and the print running off the right edge...

I tried everything - and do you know what it was? Somehow a page had gotten balled up inside the printer and was sitting to the right of the print head - completely invisible when you opened the cover!

So, I moved the cartidges to their print head change postion (open cover, wait several seconds for the heads to move) and - there it was...

Anyway, no idea if it solves your problem, but thought I would post - just in case.

HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem!

Thank You so much for posting this possible issue, I never would have looked to the right of the print head!

HP Recommended
You're welcome! Glad it helped...
HP Recommended

Ball of paper exactly where you said it would be--I was advised printer was out of warranty and needed to be replaced! It is fine, now. Thank you!!!

HP Recommended

No worries - it is such a silly thing to happen, but drove me crazy! Glad you haven't torn your hair out! :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

thank you! i had two pages stuck in there too. however, now i keep getting a message stating that the ink cartridges are defective. can't seem to get around it. it is also stuck on "Aligning Printer ...". help!

HP Recommended

Normally this means that you have either installed non-genuine or refill cartridges and the printer is having a bit of a fit. The genuine ones on these printers are very cheap and it is probably best to use them instead of refills. 

If you are using genuine cartridges, there are lots of tips on the forum about what you might try, but in my experience, I normally only try these 3:

1. Turn off printer, unplug from power, wait for a few minutes, plug in and turn back on. This performs a 'hard reset' on these printers and solves a lot of problems.

2. Remove the cartridges and re-fit them. Use the tool on the computer to help here as it moves the carriage out for you if opening the cover doesn't do it (although it should)

3. Remove the print-head. Search for exactly how, but basically you remove it, refit it and see what happens. (Don't touch any contacts when you take it out!)

Cheers....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.