Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i will check the paper! Interesting

HP Recommended

The same thing is happening to mine.  I've had it for a couple months and it has worked great until now.   It will print the first page in the correct margins but the second page will be off by a significant amount of space.  When I print the same material on another printer it lines up perfect, so I know it's the 8600 and not my computer.   I tried resetting the computer and printer but nothing worked.  I looked inside for any paper fragments but found none.   Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

HP Recommended
It does sound like a printer problem.

If you are saying you have uninstalled the drivers, downloaded a fresh up-to-date set, installed them, reset the printer and you still get first page perfect, then all the rest not, it all points toward something wrong with the printer.

Still, there are a few things to try -

1. try using the printer with another computer and freshly downloaded drivers on that to see if it replicates the problem

2. try printing from different programs to see if the problem is just with one or all of them (I remember having a problem with Word - I had set all pages to be A5 by accident and they looked fine on my screen, but the printer was trying to print them landscape and centred which meant about half the page didn't print)

3. try printing something from the webapps builtin to the printer to see if that creates the same problem.

Good luck....and let us know how it goes.
HP Recommended
I found a wad of paper in the printer to the right of the print heads. It was herd to find b/c it is behind the LCD display that hangs low and blocks the view where the paper "ball" was stopping the print heads from traveling enough to the right.
HP Recommended

Hi nico_tom,

I am glad that you found the wad of paper and are now back up and printing. I am attaching this document for 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays on the Control Panel Display. In this document there is a video showing where the paper can jam and how to clear.

Thanks for you post this will allow others to see how to clear their jams.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

My HP Officejet Pro 8600 was printing off center as well and it is only less than a month old. Per an earlier post, I did find a balled up piece of paper off inside off to the side of the ink cartridges. I had been having trouble with paper jams but I didn't notice the paper before. Pulled it out, hit ok and all is good!

HP Recommended

This worked, thank you!

HP Recommended

Did every diagnostic possible then found this thread. Opened the printer, looked right, removed the wad of paper and problem was corrected.  Thank you..now I look like pro!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!   We had our margins off too, and indeed there was a wadded up sheet of paper Way Off to the Right!

You Rule!!!!

HP Recommended

So glad that this post is helping so many people - I remember when I had this problem on my new printer I was so disappointed - and then to find it was a ball of paper!  :OpenSmile:

Anyway, pleased that others are getting it sorted!

Cheers - Mark

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.