03-03-2012 06:19 PM
Product name: HP Photosmart 7960
Changes made before issue occured: I changed the print cartridges to entirely new ones.
When I print to my printer from my computer, it only prints blank pages. This only started happening after I installed fresh ink cartridges a few days ago. I've reinstalled them a few times since then to see if that fixes the problem, but it does not.
If I print a test page using the printer's builtin computer, I get a smear of cyan and magenta in the middle of an otherwise blank sheet of paper. The same thing happens with calibration pages and sample pages. You can see a sample of the test/calibration/sample pages at this link: http://imgbbq.org/8.jpg
The printer worked fine before I installed the fresh cartridges. And yes, I did remember to remove the protective backing before installing the cartridges.
Can anybody offer some advice that would help me fix the problem so my printer will work again?
03-28-2012 11:54 AM
This article should help resolve your blank pages:
Give the steps listed under your operating system a try and let us know if it helps.
Best of Luck!
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)