Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We recently moved and, now, my HP Photosmart C4780 Wireless Printer will no longer print from my computer(running Windows 7). When I ran a network configuration page, it says Network Status-offline, Active Connection Type-none, Admin Password-not set, and  802.11 Wireless Status-disconnected. I don't know how to reset my wifi info.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page. 

When the software starts it will ask you what type of installation - choose Wireless.  It will then ask you to insert a USB cable to allow your PC to commnunicate your network info to the printer.  You can remove the cable when it indicates to do so.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem and when I tried new this, I was unsuccessful and the printer menu has disappeared from the front of the printer and there is no connectivity with any wifi.  I have tried unplugging the printer from the computer and from the power supply and and the power cord from the printer itself, shutting down the computer and unplugging it, and then reconnecting everything and trying again.  I uninstalled the printer. Used the HP program from the HP site to determine the appropriate driver and downloaded a whole new driver and reinstalled.  It still will not recognize wifi but I can install for use with USB and USB printing works fine.  I see where a NVM reset may be necessary but it say to contact HP as this is a critical process that could damage printer.  Please advise who to contact and at what phone number to perform an NVM reset. 

HP Recommended

On the front of the printer: Setup [Scan] > Wireless > Restore Defaults.

Now try setting it up again.

What router are you using?  Does the printer have a strong wireless signal?  Try changing the router channel to 11.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

The menu screen does not light up on the printer.  Your call center determined that I had a hardware failure and offered an upgrade, which I accepted.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I simply changed my wifi password and want to change it for my HP Photosmart C4780 too. 

Tried in the network settings and this message is shown:

"This product has not been configured for networking. No networking settings are available". 

I prefer not to re install the whole package! I just want to change the password. 

How can I do so?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello Vitola.

I understand your concerns. You don't have to uninstall and reinstall the software in order to setup your new wireless information. Follow these steps to reconfigure your wireless settings through your software:

*Note before you preform these step make sure you have Restore the Network Defaults on your printer* (This will be in your wireless menu)

On your computer, you can go into Devices and Printers and delete the Photosmart C4780 printer icon (just so you don't have two printers).

On your computer:

1) Click on your start menu

2) Click on All Programs, look for your HP folder

3) Then click on HP Photosmart C4780

4) Look for add a device

5) Click on connect a new printer, then wireless connection

6) Following the instructions (it may ask you to temporarily insert a USB cable to find your new wireless settings)

If you have any further questions please let me know. Please let me know your troubleshooting steps.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.