Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Has anyone else had this message and if so were you able to fix it? HP tells me I need new printer, it work up until I replaced with new cartridges. No longer under warrenty

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

got mine 8 mo. ago. that one outta the box gave me cart. error. returned got a 2nd one. now that one doing same #. friend has same unit same problem. what the ----HP??

HP Recommended

Hello

I understand you are getting the error for cartridge appears to be missing.

I included a document for troubleshooting Ink Cartridge Failure.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1721989-1461843-16

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

i have done all the trouble shooting steps including buying new HP cartridge set and replacing all cartridges.

I have not replaced the print head.  is it GUARANTEED that if I replace the print head the problem wil be solved? I am wiling to make the investment if it is certain to work

HP Recommended

is ther a way i can cal HP and speak to an actual human for help?

HP Recommended

I was able to repair my printer just prior to making the purchase of a new printerhead. When using the printer after you deplete the black and you hit OK to use only color ink. This causes the ink ports of the black to dry up in the printerhead. There is a kit to clean out the blockage for $19.95.

HP Recommended

I was able to resolve the problem without replacing the printhead.

HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One - N911n

I have the same problem this is not normal

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.