02-06-2013 05:38 PM
My printer (HP Officejet 4620) won't print wirelessly. It just prints symbols or black bars. The printer prints about 1 in 4 pages correctly. The other pages are just random symbols and large black lines. So far this printer has just been a waste of ink and paper. Is there a way to fix the issue?
02-06-2013 07:53 PM
Download and install the full featured software and drivers from the HP web site. Now try.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 96.3% chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
05-31-2013 01:54 PM
I see you are having an issue with your Officejet 4620 and are unable to print wirelessly. Have you test the printer to make sure the hardware is capable of printing?
To do this:
- Unplug the printer while turned on
- Unplug the other end of the power cord from the direct wall outlet
- Wait 30 seconds to power drain the unit
- Plug the printer back in for power to the direct wall outlet
- Perform a Copy with the Officejet 4620 after it powers back up
- Was the Copy successful and of acceptable print quality?
If so, then the hardware of the printer is working. You are trying to use the unit wirelessly correct?
Have you checked to make sure the printer is still connected to the network?
- Load plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the tray.
- On the HP printer control panel, press the Setup button ( ).
- Press the button ( ) next to the Down Arrow ( ) until Reports displays next to OK , and then press the button next to OK .
- Press the button next to the Down Arrow ( ) until Network Configuration Page displays next to OK , and then press the button next to OK again. The configuration page prints.
I am not an HP employee.