Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630e
Chrome OS

My printer is printing with out ink.  I checked the ink level and it's not empty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Camille2

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

And I'm glad you weren't being sarcastic 😉

Please follow the below steps to resolve issues with printers printing pages that come out blank:

Solution one: Remove the black cartridge

If you just set up your printer and you notice that black ink is missing or faded on your printouts, follow these steps to remove the black cartridge and print only with the tri-color cartridge. This allows the printer to operate in single-cartridge mode, which creates composite black from the tri-color cartridge.

Solution two: Check estimated ink levels, and then replace any low or empty cartridges

Low ink can contribute to poor print quality. Follow these steps to check the ink levels, and then replace any low or empty cartridges.

Solution three: Use an automated tool to clean the printhead

Follow these steps to run an automated tool to clean the cartridges.

Solution four: Identify and then replace the problem cartridge

If cleaning the printhead did not resolve the issue, follow these steps to identify and replace the problem cartridge.

Click here for details and step by step instructions.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Camille2

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand your printer has ink in abundance, 

I'll be glad to help you, however, I'll need your help in understanding the "Issue":

How long has it been since you've started printing?

Is this related to an Instant ink account?

You aren't being sarcastic, are you? 😉

Please reply back with the above answers, so that I can help resolve any issues or explain why you have been able to print "without ink".

Also, if you have any issues with the printer, try this link: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  I guess I should explain my problem better.  My printer is printing but it comes out blank.  I checked the ink and I have ink.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Camille2

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

And I'm glad you weren't being sarcastic 😉

Please follow the below steps to resolve issues with printers printing pages that come out blank:

Solution one: Remove the black cartridge

If you just set up your printer and you notice that black ink is missing or faded on your printouts, follow these steps to remove the black cartridge and print only with the tri-color cartridge. This allows the printer to operate in single-cartridge mode, which creates composite black from the tri-color cartridge.

Solution two: Check estimated ink levels, and then replace any low or empty cartridges

Low ink can contribute to poor print quality. Follow these steps to check the ink levels, and then replace any low or empty cartridges.

Solution three: Use an automated tool to clean the printhead

Follow these steps to run an automated tool to clean the cartridges.

Solution four: Identify and then replace the problem cartridge

If cleaning the printhead did not resolve the issue, follow these steps to identify and replace the problem cartridge.

Click here for details and step by step instructions.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.