Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
c410
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My old c410 printer suddenly stopped printing any black text, so I cannot print documents. I changed the black photo cartridge, since it was a bit low, but the main black cartridge says it has plenty of ink according to the little readout. The printer will not let me do an alignment either, and if I print a test page, there is no text. What do I do? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

As far as I could tell, it was a defective print head. Since the part is so expensive, I replaced the printer. Thanks for all the suggestions. I followed the link and did all the steps which is how I realized the print head was bad. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

The printhead may just be clogged with dried ink, soaking the pirnthead as discussed in the post here may resolve the issue of black not printing.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.