07-30-2013 08:54 AM
I upgraded my OS to 10.6 and now I cannot get my HP Deskjet printer to be recognized, nor find a driver for it, and the installation disc from Mac doesn't list this printer at all. What is a substitute driver (have searched the Gimplist, but nothing there, either). What other Deskjet printer would match up with mine, that I could use it's driver file?
07-31-2013 12:03 PM
Be aware that your printer is incompatible with MAc OS X 10.6:
While there is no official support for your printer, you may still check some 3rd party print drivers which may allow you to use your printer.
the 3rd party HPIJS print drivers seems to support your printer and compatible with your operating system:
Be sure to install any of the 3 required downloads prior following the printer set up instructions.
Best of luck,
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)