Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8600 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed a new 950XL cartridge about 2 weeks ago and last Thursday I received a printer error message that there was a problem with the printer and ink system.  I removed the print cartridges and had black ink all over my hand.  I then removed the printhead and there was black ink dripping from it.  I have attempted to clean up the mess, but I continue to receive an error message.  It seems to me there is a cartridge problem that should be covered by warranty, but I have not been sucessful contacting HP about the warranty coverage.  What is the warranty for a cartridge failure and could it include a new print head?  I would like to fix this printer if possible and reasonable.  Otherwise, I will have dead printer and a set of new XL black and color cartridges.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Geetings!1@QAGUY

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query.

I see that you have ink cartridge issues on OfficeJet 8600 Pro printer. 

I'll be more than glad to help you out.

HP cartridges come with the 2yr warranty.

It looks like printer head issue on your printer, I recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance.

Technical support link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Geetings!1@QAGUY

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query.

I see that you have ink cartridge issues on OfficeJet 8600 Pro printer. 

I'll be more than glad to help you out.

HP cartridges come with the 2yr warranty.

It looks like printer head issue on your printer, I recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance.

Technical support link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.