04-30-2014 11:04 AM
Just set up my new 8600 and installed the ink cartridges. The printer gave me an error message that the M and Y were empty. These are new cartridges, how can that be? Is there a way to check to see if there is another problem??
04-30-2014 11:15 AM
I would remove and reseat the cartridges. If that does not correct the issue I would sugget you caontact HP for warranty service. In the US call 1-800-HPINVENt, elsewhere see the contact information here.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
05-14-2014 07:09 AM - edited 05-14-2014 07:12 AM
Hi I also had the same problem with my HP8600 printer. The head and the screen were replaced and all was working well until the black cartridge run out and I replaced it. The printer would not see it, took it back to repairs people, HP Agents, and the head was replaced again. Let us know how you resolved your problem.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)