Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

2 YRS 3 MONTHS OLD - ERROR 0081 (print head or ink?)

Cleaned unit, replaced all cartridges.

Can I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi - Is that the entire error code?  Any text along with it?  Here is a link for a variety of error codes along with troubleshooting steps.  Take a look and let me know if that addresses the issue or if there is any additional detail on the error.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks HP. That is the entire error - no words, except turn off then on. I cannot find solution in trouble shooting area. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and cannot get past that code.

HP Recommended

Interesting....  I haven't seen an error like that before.  Have you reset the printer?  If not, disconnect the power supply from both the back of the printer and the outlet, leave it disconnected for 90 seconds and plug it back in and power it up.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend running through the section in the document I sent in my previous post and choose the selection that says the error did reference and ink system failure. 

If that doesn't resolve, I think the next step would be service, unfortunately, unless another person on the forum has another idea. 

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.