Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500

Hi there,

I am trying to print envelopes for my wedding invitations on my HP Envy 4500. When I print on test paper that I cut to enevlope size (5.25 x 7.25) it prints perfectly. When I print on plain white enevelopes it prints perfectly as well. When I try to print on the actual envelopes that I'm using, which are gold shimmer enevelopes, it prints off centered. I am not changing any settings in between trying each of these papers. I ran the alignment test as well in between tries. 

Thank you for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@megdev

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. Congratulations to you. 🙂

I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer and are facing issues while printing envelopes. I read that the content prints absolutely fine on a test paper and plain white paper. But not on the actual envelopes. The prints are off centered. 

I did some research and found that these are the supported envelope types by your HP printer:

May I know the operating system you're using and the application you're trying to print from?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer to these below link to ensure that the envelopes are printed correctly:

I hope this information helps. Please keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi MKazi,

I'm working with a Mac OS X 10.9.5 and I'm using Adobe Illustrator. It actually prints fine on white envelopes that are the same size. I don't know if it has something to do with the printer not liking the weight or the sheen of the gold shimmer envelopes?

Thank you for the help!

HP Recommended

@megdev

You're welcome. 🙂

Indeed a good observation by you that the printer prints fine on white envelopes of the same size as the gold shimmer envelopes. 

I would like to mention that the paper thickness, glossiness also matters while printing. So you could be right about the printer not syncing with the gold shimmer envelopes. Try to print on a non-shimmering envelope and check.

All the best! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.