10-05-2013 10:07 AM
I have tryed the suggestions and the black ink still does not printer.
I am going to buy a new printer but it will not be a HP.
I am sorry to have to change printer after having trust HP for so many years.
04-26-2014 04:57 PM
Still having problem printing black, even after just replacing the ink cartridge for the second time. Please advise on resolution. Thank you,
04-26-2014 06:49 PM
zorro77 - I have just pruchased a refurbished printhead - it cost about $50 including tax and shipping. The firtst time i did this it solved the problem. This time, I tried the hot water soak multiple times and it just did not fix the problem, although the last time it did work. Yes, that is three, count them three times this has happened. Recap:
1) ended up buying a new print head
2) hot water soak done multiple times finally worked
3) waiting for refurbished print head to arrive - then I must send in the one it is replacing, postage free
I suspect this is such a big problem that they now have quite a stock of used printheads to "refurbish" - read "unclog." We shall see ifthis solves the problem. If not for the fact I have 2 new blakc XL cartridges and one each of the color ones, I would just get a new printer. I can tell you this - I am not buying ink in advance anymore. Prepared for the next time this happens.
05-26-2014 03:59 AM
Can I ask when the printer is not in use do you switch it off? (at Power switch or just plug out at wall?) Do you ever remove the cartridges from the printer for extended periods?
05-26-2014 07:23 AM
I am not sure if you are asking me or one of the other posters, but no, I do not turn the printer off between uses, and I also do not remove the cartridges ever - except to replace them when they are depleted.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)