Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
6500a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer was functioning with low Ink status but after I have replace a new Black Ink cartridge; the machine has change to "Ink System Error... error code: 0xC19A0020.

I have followed the document instruction to power reset the machine; check and clean the cartridge contacts; clean the print head...etc but seem the error doesn't go off.

Wondering any reset feature is available? We don't understand why the printer could be so sensitive??

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @EsmondC

I understand you are seeing an ink system failure error 0xC19A0020 after replacing your black cartridge. Based on your description, it sounds like you completed the recommended solutions from this document: HP Printers - 'Ink System Failure' or '0x ...' Error Code Displays

At this point it would be best for you to call us. I will gladly send you instructions to reset the printer but I am not certain it will resolve this particular issue. If the error persists, after completing the reset what you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

I will send you a PM (Private Message), but before I do, feel free to review the HP Privacy Statement.

This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you and your online activity is collected and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our HP.com home page and at the bottom of every HP web page.

There are an increasing number of posts in this forum and elsewhere in the internet with the steps to do a resets on different printers.  The reset itself will sometimes fix problems, so the reset is not the issue. 

Some resets require you to enter button combinations to open special menus on your printer that you were never meant to access.  These special menus are used by the developers and support personnel for debugging issues, but they are not meant for untrained users and can have unintended results.  One wrong button push and you no could no longer have a printer, but instead a pricey paper weight.  To top it off, if you do happen to "brick" the printer this way, it is considered customer induced damage, and voids the warranty automatically. These resets are only meant to be given out and used as a last resort, and under direct instruction of a HP tech support representative. They should not be done lightly!

Printer Resets: What You Should Know

Please check the little envelope on the top right hand corner of the forums page to check your Forums inbox.

If the reset resolves the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below to identify your issue as solved! Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @EsmondC

I understand you are seeing an ink system failure error 0xC19A0020 after replacing your black cartridge. Based on your description, it sounds like you completed the recommended solutions from this document: HP Printers - 'Ink System Failure' or '0x ...' Error Code Displays

At this point it would be best for you to call us. I will gladly send you instructions to reset the printer but I am not certain it will resolve this particular issue. If the error persists, after completing the reset what you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

I will send you a PM (Private Message), but before I do, feel free to review the HP Privacy Statement.

This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you and your online activity is collected and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our HP.com home page and at the bottom of every HP web page.

There are an increasing number of posts in this forum and elsewhere in the internet with the steps to do a resets on different printers.  The reset itself will sometimes fix problems, so the reset is not the issue. 

Some resets require you to enter button combinations to open special menus on your printer that you were never meant to access.  These special menus are used by the developers and support personnel for debugging issues, but they are not meant for untrained users and can have unintended results.  One wrong button push and you no could no longer have a printer, but instead a pricey paper weight.  To top it off, if you do happen to "brick" the printer this way, it is considered customer induced damage, and voids the warranty automatically. These resets are only meant to be given out and used as a last resort, and under direct instruction of a HP tech support representative. They should not be done lightly!

Printer Resets: What You Should Know

Please check the little envelope on the top right hand corner of the forums page to check your Forums inbox.

If the reset resolves the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below to identify your issue as solved! Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the solutions but after done according to instruction to reset of the printer, it seem doesn't resolve the error and it prompt for replacing printhead now.. Perhaps it is better to trade-in and replace a new printer with the same model.

Thank you,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.