09-19-2010 12:33 PM
Hi, i've recently installed a brand new officejet 4500 G510n-z and it has been installed correctly and is running through my router and the connection is apparently fine but I cannot seem to actually print a document or web page.
Under my device manager it says the printer is "offline" and clicking connect does nothing. I've tried to run it manually through the modem and i've unchecked "use printer offline".
When I select a document to print and choose to print it, nothing happens whatsever on the printers part. And when I installed it a few days ago the test prints done during the installation worked fine, through wireless.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
09-29-2010 01:46 AM
I think the connection might be lost already.
I suggest you set up this printer on your wireless network again. you can follow below sequences:
1. Power on your printer.
2. Press "Set up" button, scrolls to "wireless menu" then "set up wizard"
3. Search for your WLAN ID, and press "ok" to connect.
4. After the connection is successful, go to your PC ->"All programs" -> "HP" ->"Officejet 4500 G510n-z" -> "Add a device"
5. Follow the set-up instruction to finish. If you can not find this printer in the network search result, please use "Show advanced Search Options" and key in your printer's IP address there, then search again. To get the printer's IP address, press "Set up" -> "Wireless menu" -> "IP settings"-> "Manual", you will find it.
6. After the printer setup, try again on printting.
Beside, there is a document would be helpful for you:
This is a user guide menu for Officejet 4500 wireless, and there is a special chapter " Solving Wireless problems" starting from page 114, it will guide you on diagnose and solving some common wireless connection issues.
07-22-2012 10:00 AM
no matter how many times I reconnect it my HP officejet 4500 continues to lose connectivity to my HP touchsmart printer.. Very frustrating . I am not a tech, so it is twice as annoying! I have heard that this issue is known to HP & that there is a fix, but I can't fine it. Help!
07-26-2012 04:19 AM
Just bought an Officejet 4500, wireless connection works fine when printing a document from computer, but when I want to scan a document,after the prompt "scan to", the following message appears "no scan options, refer to device documentation to troubleshoot". The scanning works fine using the USB option.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)