08-13-2012 09:33 AM
I'm trying to troubleshoot my Officejet 4500 wireless printer using the troubleshooting directions on the website. I can get a connection from my laptop to the printer, but the pages come out blank. I'm trying to check to see if I have enough ink, but when I get to the features tab, I get "The computer is unable to establish two-way communication with the device". I get this on all three tabs - Estimated Ink levels, Information and Device Services.
I don't want to replace my cartridge unless I know for sure it's ink levels. Any thoughts as to why I'm getting this message when I can make a connection with the printer?
03-21-2013 06:38 AM
I just tried to print on my HP officejet 4500 wireless printer and the pages are coming out blank. i shook up the ink and tried again. i'm getting nothing. i don't think it's the ink. What else can i do? Does anyone have an easy answer?
03-27-2013 03:10 PM
I understand that your printer is printing blank sheets of paper. I am linking you to a troubleshooting document that may be able to assist.
Let me know how it goes.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)