Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My 4620 printer won't turn on.  If I unplug it from the back, it will turn on, screen will display warning about turning off with button only, and then shut itself off again.  Rinse & repeat.  Can't get it to stay on.  It is less than six months old.  I know I can return it, but I'd rather self-fix if possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having a problem with the printer going off. 

Here is a link that may assist you with this problem.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03365241

Let me know if this helps. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having a problem with the printer going off. 

Here is a link that may assist you with this problem.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03365241

Let me know if this helps. 

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

I ended up calling support.  Those are the exact steps we went through a few minutes ago.  It was determined I need a new power box.  It is on its way.

Thanks for the reply!

HP Recommended

Glad everything is going great for you. If you happen to run into any other problems, feel free to ask.

HP Recommended

i have the exact same problem but can't find united kingdom in the list of countries when I tried to use the contact info. How can I get help?

HP Recommended

got the same trouble and found a solution

when the printer start and before it display the error message, press and hold the power button until it display that it's shutting down, let the printer shutdown by itself, unplug and plug the power cord, that's all...

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for all the answers. I tried many times with the proposed solution, but no way. The printer won't stay  on. 

Any ideas about a deeper reset or any other solution? thank you

Daniele

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. It doesn't stay on

I spoke with the call center. They changed me the power unit and it worked a little better. Instead of never turning on, this happened once a day

Now it started again...

I bought the worst printer in my life!

HP Recommended

HI I had this same problem, very anoying as its as if the printer is in some sort of boot up loop. Im not sure exactly how i got it out of this loop as I was holding and pressing buttons throughout the startup after cycling the power several times. I powered on via the mains socket at first pressing the on button on the printer then applying power however this seemed to stall the printer restart. Then when I released the printer on button i then pressed and held the centre button to the right of the display screen while also pressing the "spanner" button. Sorry I cant be too specific as I was getting anoyed at this point, however the printer eventualy stepped on the the main display when I could then access the printer menus as normal. I'm not convinced at this point its a power board issue but a firmware issue on the boot up. but time will tell. 

HP Recommended

THIS WAS THE SOLUTION!

THANK YOU

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.