01-06-2014 11:15 AM
I just bought an Officejet 4630 printer for home use and noticed it makes an annoying high pitched whine whenever it's not sleeping, even when not printing. Is not very loud, and would not be noticeable in an office environment due to ambient noise, but is obvious in a quiet home environment. Is this normal for this model or is the unit defective? Neither of my two previous inkjet printers made this noise.
02-04-2014 08:34 PM
I have the same issue!! I just got the printer a couple days ago. I am investigating further on the interwebs to see if there is an easy fix. Otherwise, this printer has got to go and my days of endorsing HP are over. Let me know if you find anything.
03-14-2014 10:52 PM
03-18-2014 08:09 PM
Same issue - high pitched noise when the printer is on. I haven't found a resolution. For now I've been only turning it on when I use it. Then I turn it right off again! Ugh, it's a pretty annoying noise!
03-24-2014 09:24 AM
If your OfficeJet 4630 is within the standard warranty period, please contact HP technical support to speak to one of our agents who can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue.
We look forward to your response,
Executive Customer Relations
Palo Alto, California
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)