10-17-2012 09:43 AM
My Officejet 6500 E709 n All in One printer has stopped printing in color. I have replaced the cartridges, run the diagnostics, cleaned and additionally cleaned the printheads, all to no avail. Reading other posts about similar problems, my guess is that the printhead needs to be replaced. If so, where do I get one? Is this a problem that a ham-fisted, impatient, marginally savvy person should attempt?
10-18-2012 06:39 AM
Hi Tech-intolerant, you could try the HP part store to buy a new printhead (search for part no. CN643A). See the 'click this link' section at the top of the document below.
It's pretty straightforward to install a new printhead, you should be fine
Just FYI, some folks have found that soaking the printhead has solved similar issuses. Check out the post from Bob
Hope this helps, Ciara
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)