07-05-2012 04:02 PM
Greetings, Out of warranty (by a couple of months) printer-plus. Paper jam error message, most commonly that 2-sided printing component needed to be cleared. Paper that made it through - most didn't - showed crinkling in 1-1/2" wide strip in center of page.
Last time that I removed and cleared the 2-sided printing component, a piece of plastic, approx 1-3/4" by 1-1/4", U-shaped, with tabs and "flippers" on it, fell out of the machine. I'm believe it's probably the paper stop and/or paper sensor. Anybody able to provide step-by-step directions for restoring it (from the back, from the front, after removing what parts, etc.)? Thanks for any help!
08-02-2012 05:00 PM
08-20-2012 12:10 PM
I have a similar problem (have a HP Officejet 7000) . Had a paper jam and when I took the back part off to remove the paper a part fell out that would be described the same -U shaped with what looks likea flap for paper feeding. Can't find how to put it back in.
08-20-2012 01:48 PM
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)