09-10-2013 09:16 AM
I just purchased an Officejet 6600. I am running OS X Version 10.7.5 on both an iMAC and a MacBook Pro. Printer is connected to the wifi. I have installed the drivers directly from the HP website (for 10.7). When a print job is sent to the printer, it shows up on the print que but never prints.
Does anyone know a solution?
09-10-2013 09:42 AM
Reset Printing System function in Mac OS X v10.5.x or 10.6.x, follow these steps:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Choose Print & Fax from the View menu.
- Hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (Add printer) button, then choose Reset printing system.
Now try to add the printer by clicking the + button
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
09-10-2013 11:35 AM
It sounds like it isn't connected to the right printer. If you did a USB setup of wireless, it is possible that we have the USB queue selected in Print and Scan. This means it is trying to send the print jobs to the USB port on the printer. Since it isn't connected, it just sits there.
If you go to Print and Scan, click on the "+" button can you list the printers you have available to setup for me please?
09-10-2013 01:17 PM
Thanks. It probably doesn't make a difference.
Let's go ahead and delete that printer by highlighting it and then clicking on the "-" After that, please reboot the Mac, pull the power from the printer, and then plug the power back into the printer and let it boot up.
After all of that, go to Print and Scan, click on the "+"
Write down in a reply all that you see in that pop up window and we'll figure out what is happening.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)