Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@sophista wrote:

The manufacturers may call it "printer technology" but when the customers know that other printers can print with empty cartridges or empty slots, they may also realise that they might have made a mistake in picking this particular model. My question to HP is, whether it is possible to reprogramme the printer driver and send out an update, so that the printer can bypass the empty cartridge check.

No, there are no driver changes that would bypass the empty cartridge check.

[I do not work for or speak for HP, but I do understand how inkjet printers work....]

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I was responded to a post from Two PointOh, who said he was an HP expert.  He included a link to explain and the link did not work.

I don't want to buy another HP printer that "meets my needs."  I wanted a printer that would not hold me ranson to purchase additional color cartridges so I can print in B/W!  There are dozens of complaints from other frustrated customers saying the same thing.  Since it's becoming clear that HP doesn't really care, I will join the others and move to buy a Canon!

Thanks for nothing.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.