Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have had the printer since August 2014 and since day I have had this problem.  When I load paper which is already printed on one side the feeder most often pulls through more than 1 sheet. It actually prints my document on part of the first sheet and part of the second sheet so my document is in 2 halves. This is most frustrating as I like to recycle my paper by using both sides before I shred it. I have tried making sure that the paper is flat and not creased with no turned up edges but it still happens quite often. Using clean paper every time seems such a waste and also costs me more.

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hello @eddie_woo,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy I see you have a paper feed problem with your HP Officejet Pro 8610, when you load paper which has already printed on one side the feeder pulls through more than 1 sheet, which leaves your document printed on 2 halves.

A few things come to mind, how long has the paper been sitting, has any dust or debris fallen on the paper? I understand you have made sure there are no creases or flipped up edges but you also need to make sure it is in good condition, some examples:

• Replace any ripped, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper.
  • Avoid printing on paper that is dusty. Reload paper that has been in the photo tray for a time.
  • Make sure that all the paper in the stack is the same size and type. The printer can only process one type of paper at a time.

Please go ahead and start troubleshooting here: An 'Out of Paper' Message Displays and the Printer Does Not Pick Up Paper for the HP Officejet Pro 8...

Focus on the cleaning of the rollers, does this help? Are you now able to print on the already printed on paper with no paper pick problems?

Capture.PNG

-Source

Let me know the outcome, I hope to hear from you soon.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi, sorry for the delay I wanted to give it time to see how it went.

I am afraid I have not solved the problem.

The paper is not dusty, it is kept in a drawer. Some of the paper I use has been printed on one side. I use this because I like to recycle paper which has only been printed on one side.

The problem also occurs sometimes with new clean paper straight out of the packet but most times I am using recycled (previously used) paper.

I have had HP and other printers over the years (I am 61 years old)  and have never had this problem before.

I talked to Staples about it but all they hav eoffered is to send it back to HP for repair. I cannot afford to be without a printer because I work from home and have no other printer.

I am frustrated now that I have purchased a more expensive and 'better' printer but it has this annoying problem.

Regards.

HP Recommended

The HP 8610 that I bought a few months ago intermittently pulls two pages through, printing part of the document on one page and the rest of the document on another page.  This is not only annoying, but extremely wasteful as a 1 page document takes 3 pages of paper to get printed correctly.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as two what format or type of document.  Paper comes clean from the package, full tray but not over full and no issue with paper jamming.  Is there an adjustment on the feed or in the  tray that can be done.  Spent a good sum of $$ on this printer and am tired of wasting paper....

HP Recommended

Hi @Ahaas,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are running into some paper feed issues on your HP Officejet 8610, please make sure you have not missed any steps listed here: A 'Paper Jam' Message Displays

I know the paper is not jamming but the steps listed may help. If the same thing is happening, please make sure all firmware updates have been done. See here: Software, Driver & Firmware Downloads

Let me know the outcome, I will watch for your reply.

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I'm becoming very disappointed with my 8610. My fiance bought me this machine to print bulletins for my small church and I've experienced this same feed issue from the beginning. I spoke with HP for over and hour and a half attempting to resolve this to no avail. It feeds at least two pages, but usually three or four, printing one image across multiple pages.  It's frustrating to waste expensive (and freshly out of the package) bulletin covers purchased from our tight budget. 

I've made sure to enter the print settings correctly each time and have gone through the standard procedures via your customer service. 

We purchased this printer to enjoy a less complicated printing experience. Unfortunately, it's becoming more expensive and extensive as we have resorted to loading one page at a time. 

HP Recommended
I have still got the problem over one year on. All Staples can offer is to send it back to HP for testing. I cannot afford to be without a printer for any prolonged period so I will just have to persevere with it. Its a shame HP cannot offer a solution after all this time. 😒
HP Recommended

Hi Folks,

I suggest contacting our technical support at www.hp.com/contacthp/ they have the ability to log onto the Computer by remote assistance. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I just bout the 8610 two weeks ago and has only used it twice. Each time I tried to print of feeds multiple sheets through. This is a waste of paper. I have read the other post and my paper is clean, fresh and the same size. I print for my ministry making two side documents. I have to start over and have to use more papernto get thenqunity I need. Please tell me what to do. My other printer is a HP b209 and it stop printed with the magenta. Somebody please help me.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. I also print bulletins for my ministry. This issue is so frustrating. I'm wasting paper and ink. I only purchased mine a week ago.November 28th

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.