Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp8620pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Suddenly mt Printer Officejet 8620 Pro won't power up. I've tried to change power cable but is dead....... just after 1 1/2 year. It happened after changing the cartridges. It is possible to get it repaired ? Is it possible to change the internal power unit ? thanks Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please contact our phone support for the service options. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @Max62NL

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your printer not powering On. Don't worry, I will be glad to help you. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

Have you tried to connect the printer to a different wall outlet?

Do you get any light on the printer?

Please try to connect the printer to a different wall outlet and try a different adapter if possible. 

If the issue persists, then it is a hardware issue with the printer, for any upgrade or service options available for your printer, please contact our phone support

Refer HP Inkjet Printers - Printer Does Not Turn On

Follow the procedure below to contact our phone support 

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Let me know if this helped. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for reply me back, yes i have tested to a different wall outlet and another old adapter but nothing happened. I can just say that the printer has "died" during the cartridges change procedure. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please contact our phone support for the service options. 

Keep me posted. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My Deskjet Pro 8620 had the same problem today but without the cartridge change. I walked into the study to see a white flashing screen and a message saying to turn the unit off and on again. I turned it off but it would not power up. I checked the power cord connection and opened the front. The little light on the cartridge carrier was on, confirming there was power. I phoned a third-party support line whose tech walked me through a couple of trouble-shooting steps, mainly unplugging, replugging then holding down the power button for about 45 seconds.  No go. The tech suggested either the unit had been scrambled by malware or there was a "hardware error".  The unit is out of warranty so any suggestions would be welcome. The thing is less than a year old.

HP Recommended

@Troubleman88

Try here...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8620-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367611/model...

If you try this at least twice, yes your printer is toast.  Since no warranty, well you know...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.