12-04-2011 06:58 AM
I am working on holiday card envelopes, a lot of them, and have a problem with my Officejet L7780. The envelopes are to be printed using black ink. On almost all of the envelopes there are smears of blue ink, sometimes just a little smear, and sometimes a massive blob of blue, near the return address. Is it time for a new printhead? I must get this done quickly and have resigned myself to a sloppy job unfortunately. help would be appreciated!
03-13-2012 10:06 AM
I have the Photosmart Premier Premium c410a. The issue is that the leading edge of the envelope is scraping the very, very dirty underside of the ink cartridge carrier on the first swipe of the print heads. To keep this from happening, apply a small piece of tape on the underside of the leading edge to hold the flap down. This solution will probably work for many printers.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)