Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I have an Officejet Pro 6830 and I would like to know if I am able to print on regular stickers (Sticker paper) with this specific print before I go and buy the stuff.

Or is this specific product not able to handle stickers specifically?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Raphillion

Printer Website Support Driver Page:

HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer

Full Feature Software (printer software):

HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers

@Raphillion wrote:

Hi, I have an Officejet Pro 6830 and I would like to know if I am able to print on regular stickers (Sticker paper) with this specific print before I go and buy the stuff.

Thanks

The answer is "maybe" and "it depends".

1. If you are talking about "Labels" of the type one might purchase from Avery, then read on:

Printer Specifications  > Paper Handling > Supported Cards indicates the printer can handle "cards" up to 200 gsm -- this is heavy enough to accomodate a standard sheet of labels.

2. If the list of supported card sizes does not include the sheet of labels you want to print, then you need to use one of the supported card size templates and create a "Custom Paper Size"

Creating Custom Paper Sizes

Custom Form setup:

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers >

Left-Click on your Printer one time to highlight >

Left-Click Print Server properties

NOTES:

"Card" Media type is not ideal; it may well work just fine.

The trick is to find a combination of Media type (kind of paper), Paper Size (size of sheet of labels), Source (Tray) that let you print the labels after they are created.

If you can do so, I suggest you try the (free) Avery Design Software software.

The following document provides a couple of methods to create and then print your labels.

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Printing Labels_Business-Cards_Cards

Print Labels, Business Cards, Cards, Booklet

Section(s)

• Preparation and Setup
  • Labels, Cards, and Business Cards
    • Office Word
    • Avery Design and Print (through Windows 10) and Mac
    • Avery Wizard for Word (through Windows 😎
  • Print Booklet
    • Links to help documents
    • Foxit Reader - Booklet
    • Adobe Reader - Booklet

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Raphillion

Printer Website Support Driver Page:

HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer

Full Feature Software (printer software):

HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers

@Raphillion wrote:

Thanks

The answer is "maybe" and "it depends".

1. If you are talking about "Labels" of the type one might purchase from Avery, then read on:

Printer Specifications  > Paper Handling > Supported Cards indicates the printer can handle "cards" up to 200 gsm -- this is heavy enough to accomodate a standard sheet of labels.

2. If the list of supported card sizes does not include the sheet of labels you want to print, then you need to use one of the supported card size templates and create a "Custom Paper Size"

Creating Custom Paper Sizes

Custom Form setup:

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers >

Left-Click on your Printer one time to highlight >

Left-Click Print Server properties

NOTES:

"Card" Media type is not ideal; it may well work just fine.

The trick is to find a combination of Media type (kind of paper), Paper Size (size of sheet of labels), Source (Tray) that let you print the labels after they are created.

If you can do so, I suggest you try the (free) Avery Design Software software.

The following document provides a couple of methods to create and then print your labels.

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Printing Labels_Business-Cards_Cards

Print Labels, Business Cards, Cards, Booklet

Section(s)

• Preparation and Setup
  • Labels, Cards, and Business Cards
    • Office Word
    • Avery Design and Print (through Windows 10) and Mac
    • Avery Wizard for Word (through Windows 😎
  • Print Booklet
    • Links to help documents
    • Foxit Reader - Booklet
    • Adobe Reader - Booklet

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.