Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@cropduster21

I would advise calling HP phone support. Unfortunately the printhead is non replaceable so you'll have to get the actual printer replaced.

Can you please post back to let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Ciara

Americas & Asia

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839288

Europe, Middle East, Africa

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839289

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

my HP 6835 printer it was purchased 08-05-2015    there is a screen  error showing  : Problem with print head also )0xc19a0020  what is going on..

HP Recommended

Ciera, what is next.  I have almost verified that it is a hardware failure printhead.  Is there some recall on these printheads?

Thanks,

Wayne

HP Recommended

@Wat2410 wrote:

Ciera, what is next.  I have almost verified that it is a hardware failure printhead.  Is there some recall on these printheads?

Thanks,

Wayne

You will need to contact HP as described in Ciara's post above to resolve printhead issues with your Officejet 6835.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

My printer has been showing this error for a few months now, but have just been using my printer at my office.  Today I finally had the time to investigate.  I went to hp support.  I entered in the serial number and the product code, and hp replied that it is a hardware error and they will send me a new printer in three to five days.  I probably registered this printer when I bought it, but don't really remember for sure.  Pretty good customer service!  Looking forward to receiving my new printer.  Thanks, HP!

HP Recommended

my printer say that i have problem with the print head

HP Recommended

@MartiLink wrote:

my printer say that i have problem with the print head

You will need to contact HP as described in Ciara's post above to resolve printhead issues with your Officejet 6835.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
We got the print head error message on our printer which was less than a year old. We had a case manager contact us as I had a business deadline and had to print labels for a delivery 4 days later. The good news is that she overnighted a new printer so we would be able to meet our deadline. We thought that was a fair resolution since the issue was due to an HP hardware problem, not because of anything that happened on our end....especially given it was less than a year old and all the other HP Printers we have had in the past have lasted for years ! The bad news is that we are being asked, weeks later, to return the faulty printer (which is completely unusable) on our dime not HP's, or we will be charged who knows what!!! Again, if our printer died due to high usage or normal wear and tear and they generously chose to replace it, it would be totally fair to expect us to pay to return the machine. However, this problem was caused by a known HP hardware issue so we think they need to make it right on their dime not ours....that's just good customer service after all. If they insist we pay to return their faulty printer, this WILL be the last HP printer we utilize for our business. We cannot afford to have an unreliable printer then be burned twice by making us pay a cent toward HP getting their faulty printer back...just sayin'.
HP Recommended

@knighthusband

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Same issue as described by others on this forum. 

After one year of EXTEMELY light use got the print head error. 

It must be a known HW issue?

I know, I know. "call support as this is blah, blah, blah..."  ; )

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.