Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'll try the ink alerts workaround and see how it goes.  I had one computer set with option 1 and the other with option 2, but they both seemed to behave the same.   I'll set them both to option 2 and try it again and see how it goes.

HP Recommended

after several days it seems be a successful workaround.   I seem to have another issue and that is of things getting hung in the print spooler.  I send a document.  It doesn't print.  I restart the spooler and it spits out a blank page then the document after several minutes.   OR  I kill the job, restart the spooler and send another job, then it prints them both, but the print manager shows one being deleted and one queued up to go.  Re-cancelling the first clears the print manager.

at least we have one issue seemingly taken care of with a workaround

HP Recommended

Workaround appears to be working for me also.

HP Recommended

I know this might sound weird but keep the connection constant please try these steps and reply back if it does not resolve.

1> Check for the latest update for your router.

2> In printer properties check the show ink alerts after i print.

3> Assign a manual ip address to the printer. In printer properties add a port > standard tcp/ip port > and instead of ip address type in the host name of the printer. which you can get from the ews of the printer.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

the workaround seems to be still working. The printing problem seems to be gone also.

BTW, static IP and updated router through the entire saga.

HP Recommended
Have tried just about EVERYTHING that will no doubt be suggested.

Solved problem by uninstalling printer.

Will now try the suggested workaround

Symptoms:

After some hours, IE8 is no longer able to connect to internet.

When this happens, the computer can't see the router, and therefore the printer.

Email & google earth still work, but "Page cannot be displayed" or indefinite hang in IE8.

IE8's "Diagnose Connection Problems" always returns the following:

"Error Provider entry MSFAD Tcpip [UDP/IP] could not perform simple loopback communication test. Error 10055"

"Error Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication. Error 10055."

"Error Could not make am http connection."

"Eror Could not make an https connection."

Reseting Winsock doesn't really help, because rebooting or even just  LOGGING OFF  fixes problem until next time.

Have been through the DSL modem, the router, XP diagnostice, AT&T diagnostics, HP diagnostics.

You suggest ti, I have probablty alrerady tried it!

What fixes it is uninstalling the wireless printer.

Apparently there is an ERROR in a LSP the printer is using.

HP 8600 Pro e

Windows XP SP3

IE8

Computer->Router->DSL Modem->Internet

Assigned  IP address on Computer

Reserved IP address on Printer

Will try the workaround.

HP Recommended

Does anyone know if HP been advised of this issue?

Seems unfair for no-telling-how-many-users to pull their hair out fighting a known bug.

Seems like HP would send out a patch or update or at least an email to all registered users advising of this problem and the workaround.

I know I fought the issue every day for a month.

HP Recommended

HP is aware of this issue and we are definately workin on it. Very soon will come out with the solution. As of now please try the work around it has worked for many and the work around is not complicated too. Sorry for the inconvinience.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

Changing the radio button to only advise of ink cartridge status "when prining," appears to have worked.to prevent more occurences of this issue for me.

HP Recommended

I SET UP with this option and my HP 8600 is STILL losing connectivity. I am so frustrated I could throw the thing in the trash.

N

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.