Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My Officejet Pro 8600 Plus paper tray will not return to the proper position. This has happened TWICE now, and always about 3 weeks into using it...

I returned the first printer and replaced it with the same because we love the features and ease of use. But now,  AGAIN?? 

I tried printing with it hanging out this time..it will print, but ....COME ON!  It makes it real hard to pull out the tray that my paper lays on after printing!

I called HP support the first time, he couldnt help me. Just said replace it.  There has to be something I can do a button or something?  I cant see it..does anyone else know?

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

It appears your issue was resolved in this thread.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Is there a fix for this problem other than a waranty exchange or new tray?  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@memsr wrote:

Is there a fix for this problem other than a waranty exchange or new tray?  Thanks!

See the thread here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I read responses for legal paper and also second drawer but none of these solutions help me. I have a single drawer and when I pull it out too far to put in new paper I can't get it to slide back in. Help!!!

HP Recommended

Hi Zadora

I understand you aren't able to insert the paper tray.

Inspect the tray for any broken parts that might be sticking out and catching when trying to insert the tray.

Gently put in a little bit on the one corner and then line it up for both corners and just move it a bit side to side to slide it in.

I have included the manual, go to page 24 for loading and inserting tray.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03026243.pdf

Hope that helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Unofrtunately useless information. By trial and error I have found the only way to replace the tray is to lift the entire printer from the front at about a 20 degree angle and then the tray slides in. Very defective design. Never buy another HP.

HP Recommended

@Zadora wrote:

Unofrtunately useless information. By trial and error I have found the only way to replace the tray is to lift the entire printer from the front at about a 20 degree angle and then the tray slides in. Very defective design. Never buy another HP.

It is possible you have a defective unit, I would suggest you Contact HP for service.

It may not be any consolation for you, but the tray works fine on my Officejet 8600 Pro Plus.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

When I first googled this issue I found there were over 80 people with a similar problem so it is a design defect.

HP Recommended

Everything is clear where the papr tray goes in but it will not go into its proper position

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.