Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 5 (778 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus slow printing

[ Edited ]

Helo,

Our 8600 Plus takes up to 2 minutes to print each page. It does not seem to be a computer or network issue since prinitng reports or network configurations from the printers control screen produces the same results. Typically the paper feeds are rolling back and forth during this waiting period. I have checked for any jammed paper and did not see any obstructions.

Thanks,

Chris

Grad Student
Message 2 of 5 (759 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus slow printing

Hi AlleyCats,

Understand that you have slow printing issue.

Firstly, could you help to check "Print Seting"? It is because Print settings can affect print times. For instance, if you are printing in "Best Mode", it will take more time to print. Follow these steps to check the settings for print quality.

Print Setting.JPG

If you are facing with slow printing even after in "Draft" or "Normal" mode, I would like you to refer to this Guide for further troubleshooting.

Please let  me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Bryan 

*I am an HP employee*
** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (421 Views)

I am having the same issue, but like AlleyCat the issue happens with the computer out of the equation.  Printing simple reports directly off of the printer are extremely slow to print.  Printing a simple basic report can take 2 minutes to print 3 pages.   That not sending a job through the computer but using the menu on the printer itself and printing.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (416 Views)

WOW!  I found on another thread where people were having the same issue and someone discovered the issue was caused by a small piece of paper stuck on the right side when the printer was opened up.  I had the user check and sure enough they found a piece of paper and once it was cleared the printer started printing normally.  YAY!!!

Student
Message 5 of 5 (387 Views)

Me too.  My HP OfficeJet 8600 had an entire sheet of paper crumpled up in the far right of the

inside.  The ink cartridges were moving back and forth several times for at least a couple of minutes

for each print job.  There was no error messages indicated anywhere.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation