Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using "IT Managed" setup, I unintentionally disabled the wireless on a new OfficeJet Pro 8710 and cannot restore it. Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @PWDtech, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have a wireless issue with your printer.

Open control panel on  your printer.

Press left bottom key 4 times to access support menu. 

Scroll down to enable/disable tab.

Go to wireless and enable the option.

Refer the picture to know where to find the bottom left key.

If the step provided do not work, You can select reset in the same menu and re-configure the printer again.

I will watch for your reply.

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

If the step provided do not work, You can select reset in the same menu and re-configure the printer again.

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

COOL   WORKED   THANKS

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and just tried this.  If you hit that bottom left key as shown n the pic it disappears and a ? appears above.  You cannot hit it 4 times.

I am considerin returning the printer tomorrow.

HP Recommended

@A4Apollo wrote:

Have a great day! 🙂

I have the same problem and just tried this.  If you hit that bottom left key as shown n the pic it disappears and a ? appears above.  You cannot hit it 4 times.

I did find two reset functinos, neither of which solved my problem.

I am considerin returning the printer tomorrow.

HP Recommended

After reaching the support menu by tapping four times below the "?", I scrolled to the "Resets Menu" to reset the printer. I performed the intial set-up again to restore function.

HP Recommended

@Bertrammm

For this function to work. Please make sure that you are already back in the Home screen to begin with.

you must 1) Press the Top Left Home Icon to return to home screen

2) Press the Bottom left Back Icon (which may not be lit)  4 times for the Special Menu to appear.

Hope this helps with your setup.

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy .
HP Recommended

I don't want to sound picky but I don't believe this issue is closed.

The proposed solution (reverting back to 'self-managed') only patches the real problem, which is the fact that the 'Prepare' quick start leaflet in the box doesn't mention that wireless operation is not available when the 'IT-managed' option is selected.   Then I couldn't detect the printer because wireless was disabled, and what's even worse is that the documentation assumes that you selected 'self-managed' (i.e. it refers to a 'wireless setup' option that's not available in 'IT-managed' configuration).

Personnally my out-of-the-box user experience with this printer so far has been pretty bad, not what I expected with an  HP printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.