Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro X576dw

Hello,

This printer was installed in our office & we never had any issues with it..

Then the other day I printed to it, and it did not print..

I went to the printer and it had all the menu lights flashing as well as saying to turn off power and turn it back on..

Turned off printer and turned it back on.. it says printing... etc.. however after a few moments and a few bits of noise (like it is trying to print) the menu screen goes to a blue screen with code B81A7F1C, then goes off and all lights start to flash again, with message to turn off printer & turn it back on etc...

Checked paper tray and all places whee a jam can be etc.. everything looks just fine...

If anyone has any ideas on this please let me know

Thanks

JT

******** UPDATE**********

This Error (seems to not be known ANYWHERE) seems to have been caused by a bad print job that was still stuck within the print domain server...

We did do a factory reset, and also discovered the file still in the print Que on the server.. Once it was deleted & the printer finished the reset..

All working 100% again!

***********UPDATE**********

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This just happned to me today - the printer was stuck in a loop. It kept coming up and trying to print the fist page of a PDF then it would freeze, flash the blue screen with a number starting with B81A then tell you to shut it down with all the lights flashing. You shut it down and it would come up and try to print (only the first page) again starting the whole thing over. I just canceled the print job on the user's computer. I didn't have to reset it to factory, but I shouldn't have bothered following HP's recommended  course of action. A message popped up on the users machine saying to reinstall the printer on their computer - waste of time. The event caused loss of network connectivity to the printer. I wasn't able to access the web interface or even ping the printer after the initial restart. After a few more reboots it came back, and after a test page from another machine print capability was restored to the user's workstation - no clue why. I hope this isn't going to become common for this machine... we have another one that I had setup ready to go and when I finally tried to put it in service it wouldn't receive print jobs. Starting to think there is something wrong with this line.

HP Recommended

We have an X576dw on a LAN with 7 workstations.  The X576dw was new about 8/2013 and has given excellent service.

About 5/15/2015 users begin to have failures to print.  This was concentrated on 2 workstations but all experienced it.

About 6/15/15 a user that had few failures began having many & over the next 2 weeks became the only user having fails to print. 

On print the workstation would display a message saying the X576dw was offline.  The fix was to shut down the X576dw, wait a minute, power on.  Immediately after startup sequence completed the print job that had failed printed.  The workstation would continue printing for an hour up to a day but then the printer offline message would return.

06/29/15 ~0855 workstation reported printer offline, pressed power button and got shutting down screen which seemed frozen.

0902 still frozen

0904 all perimeter LEDs and power switch flashing

0907 off

0909 restart

Checked printer using

HP Printer Assistant | Printer Home Page (EWS) | Printer Update | Check Now [for product updates]

Returned:         The printer is up to date.

No new updates are available this time.

Flashing LED problem again on 7/6/15

Printer problems stoppedabout 8/7

Reoccurred today (8/25/15) beginning with printer offline to the single workstation that had problems. 

On shutdown 8/25/15 got flashing LEDs again.

This the most pertinent post I can find using web search.  It appears something has disturbed X576dw.  I'd really like to see HP post advice and a remedy.

HP Recommended

If you shut down the WiFi signal on your printer. You still get a blue screen?

HP Recommended

You asked, "If you shut down the WiFi signal on your printer. You still get a blue screen?"  The WiFi is set to Off.

The printer is connected by wired LAN. 

I am not experiencing the blue screen, but this topic was the only one I could find for the X576dw that discussed a connectivity problem.

I am still having the problem that my computer sees the X576dw as Offline.  I turn the printer off, then turn it on and the job(s) that had not printed print.

None of the other computers on the LAN are having this problem.

HP Recommended

This same problem is happening to us. We had to clear the print job from the cue and restart the printer. While this fixes the problem so we can print other items, we still can't print this document. It is a basic PDF file on legal paper. How can we fix this problem so we can print as necessary?

NOTE: This is happening on the X476DW AND  the X576DW.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.