Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

How do you pull out the outfeed tray to hold legal size paper. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi columbia530,

You should be able to extend the output tray to the legal position. If it seems to be stuck you may need to push it in, and then out a couple times for it to release. Make sure and be careful when pulling on the tray not to break the flap off the end of the output tray.

IMAG0115.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi columbia530,

You should be able to extend the output tray to the legal position. If it seems to be stuck you may need to push it in, and then out a couple times for it to release. Make sure and be careful when pulling on the tray not to break the flap off the end of the output tray.

IMAG0115.jpg

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

It took a bit of doing, but it finally extended.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi columbia530,

Glad to hear you were able to get the tray extended. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
thanks. this seemed the logical solution, it was just very much stuck.
HP Recommended

Hi columbia530,

Thank you for the feedback on the tray being hard to extend. I will forward this information to our teams.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Well, the cute little flap on the end of my outfeed tray DID snap off, thanks to a well-placed attack from an office chair. Where can I get a replacement tray, with flap, so my printed pages don't shoot all over the universe?

HP Recommended

Hi RickMes,

You can visit the HP Parts store at the link below or you can contact phone support.

HP Parts Store - Buy Certified HP Genuine Replacement Parts

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I have called and asked to order this part, they refer me to 2 different comapnies and NO one has this available. Sucks when the printer is 8 months old.

HP Recommended

Go the same problem with my OfficeJet Pro 8600e AIO, broke off the flip-up stop on the output tray. Any luck as far as what company can provide a replacement? The HP does not mention this particular part as one "User replacable part" on their web page. Probably due to the fact that this particular part already comes installed/attached to the printer when I puchased it in 2013. Any help as far as proper part number and/or supplier is appreciated

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.