Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I've just purchased the Envy 5540 and set up per instructions. Black is printing fine but only prints the yellow colour. Have tried cleaning the heads via the screen prompts, but it hasn't helped. Seems to be working fine in all other respects

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @KS_B,

Thank you for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are only able to print in black and yellow with your HP Envy 5540. You have performed some cleaning steps with no success.

What happens if you make a color Copy? 

Please make sure the cartridges are properly vented, get started here: Printer Prints Blank Page or Does Not Print Black, Color Ink

Let me know the outcome. If this resolves the issue please let others know by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the "Thumbs up" below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had used both the HP App to print (a photo) from my phone and also tried printing a photo from my PC, both yeilded a picture in shades of yellow only.

I Printed a Print Quality Diagnostic from the printer's touch screen prompts and all the colours, bar yellow were blank.

What do you mean by "vented"?

HP Recommended

Please follow ALL troubleshooting steps listed in the above document. It will show you how to vent and clean the cartridges.

If you are still seeing the issue, you will need to contact technical support at http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp and have the cartridges handy as they may require information from them. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank you for your persistence!

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

The word "vent" doesn't appear anywhere in the article, so I'm still not sure what you're referring to.

Steps  1-3 are superfluous as the printer and cartridges are new.

I've been hrough the cleaning cycle several times with no change to the result and the print settings are correct.

I'll have to get a new cartridge and see if that makes a difference.

HP Recommended

@KS_B,

Step 3 listed here should help with making sure the cartridge contacts are clean and properly vented: 'Cartridges Missing' or 'Ink Cartridges Problem' Message Displays

Were you able to try another cartridge?

I will watch for your reply.

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.