Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

how di i clear the missing cartridge code

HP Recommended

how do i clear the missing cartridge code

HP Recommended

So you think it's right that Brother might play the same games over the ink as HP does? If you reduced the prioce of HP inks to just 20% above generics likely no one would spurn HP cartridges but my generic costs £9 (black) and the HP £28

We aren't fools

HP Recommended

This worked for me for a long time. Something happened and I had to reinstall my software and nothing would work after that. I wasn't going to spend the money to get HP ink when I had some referbished cartrages I bought from Amazon.

So I ended up throwing the printer in the trash. I will never buy an HP Printer again!

HP Recommended

Hello, @mcclave

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

You can add me to the list.

HP C4580 printer.  Printing along fine for days on end.  Suddenly this morning in the middle of printing I too get the "Print cartridge(s) missing or not detected" error.  I did what everybody else has done - cleaned the contacts, did the reset routine.  Nothing worked.  The printer is now disabled.

Is there actually a FIX for this?  This is my first HP printer and I strongly suspect that it is going to be my last.

HP Recommended

My HP Printer hummed along for 10 years with no problems then this started. There was a fix that worked for a few years then wouldn't anymore.

I threw it out and bought a new one! I was cheaper than buying the HP ink that I was told I would have to buy to get it to work.

HP Recommended

"Buying HP ink" cannot be the issue IMO.  This printer was printing fine and suddenly quit with this error.  This was with fresh (non-hp) cartridges.  It worked for days and days.  And then suddenly in-between 2 pages it failed.

I inspected everything and I see nothing wrong with regards to the contacts etc.

I'll wait and see if hp has any actual support for this or not before I toss this thing out as well.

HP Recommended

Watch this video and give it a try. This is what worked for me for a couple of years.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUEYKKe_dsY

HP Recommended

I watched this exact video the other day - tried it and it did not work.

So I figured what the heck - I'll try it again.  It worked this time!!

For one page anyway... then back to the same error...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.