Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart modeld110 won't connect to this  computer for work it is a lenovo think pad. printer will connect to  anyother computer I have tried it with.

HP Recommended

Hi @skip3,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support forums for a solution to your connection issue.

I understand that you are trying to connect an HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer series to a Lenovo Think Pad but it will not connect. I would like to help.

What operating system is the Think Pad running?

You mentioned that you are trying to connect this for work. The network that you are trying to connect over, is there an IT person that manages it?

I will watch for your reply so I can assist you further. Please reply at your convenience.

Thanks! 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 5740 series printer. The paper tray is loaded but it won't print and keeps telling me to put paper in the paper tray

HP Recommended

My printer is an HP Officejet 5740. The paper tray is full but it won't print because it keeps telling me to load papertray.

HP Recommended

Hi @fauxglo,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printer issue.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer that has a full tray but it still indicates that the printer is out of paper. I would like to help with that.

Here is a support document that may be able to help - An 'Out of Paper' Message Displays on the Control Panel and the Printer Does Not Pick Up Paper.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

I m from HP. Please try printing HP self test page. Is there any color reflected on that report? Have you tried print other types of color jobs? Is it PDF file?

Anandth

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

I m from HP.

Please ensure if your tray is locked to printer. You may hear click sound by pushing the tray all the way till the back of the printer. If the problem persist, try the following.

1. Pull and push the tray back a couple of times

2. Power cycle the printer.

3. Download Web update FW to reflash printer

4. If the issue is not solved, please contact support and may require the return the printer due to sensor issue.

If your issue is solved, please click on accept solution icon.

Have a nice day

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

I m from HP and i here to solve your issue.

Please try the following solutions.

1. Maybe there is a sensor issue, reduce your papers and load the tray again. reprint the same job.

2.  If the issue persist, please powercycle the printer

3.  if all the above doesn't help solve your issue, it could be a real sensor issue. Please contact customer support to review Hardware.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Printer is HP Officejet4650. Is confirmed connected to my PC and wireless connection confirmed but will not print from my PC.

HP Recommended

Tried those options but did not work. Word document shows "Error, not responding".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.