Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
PSC 1315 all in one
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

My wife was going to print something from our computer and the printer took multiple sheets into it. It jammed so she just pulled the sheets out the front now our computer says there is a paper jam and will not let us print. I have gone through all the steps of clearing,restarting etc that I have read in hp's and others who have shared their problems. It copies and scans fine. The computer is telling me there is a jam. Could we have broken something by pulling the paper out the front?

Thanks

Oldfud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @oldfud

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that your computer keeps telling you that there is a paper jam. I would like to help. 

It is possible that something was damaged. Though it could be a 'hiccup' with the software on the computer. You can try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor.. This will check the software. If the issue persists, try this document A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP PSC 1315, 1315v, 1315xi, 1315s, and 1318 All-in-One Printer S...

If you have any questions, or this does not resolve the issue, let me know.
If this resolves your issue, please click Accepted Solution. This will allow other people with the same issue to find the solution easily. If you wish to say thanks, feel free to click Kudos.  

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @oldfud

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that your computer keeps telling you that there is a paper jam. I would like to help. 

It is possible that something was damaged. Though it could be a 'hiccup' with the software on the computer. You can try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor.. This will check the software. If the issue persists, try this document A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP PSC 1315, 1315v, 1315xi, 1315s, and 1318 All-in-One Printer S...

If you have any questions, or this does not resolve the issue, let me know.
If this resolves your issue, please click Accepted Solution. This will allow other people with the same issue to find the solution easily. If you wish to say thanks, feel free to click Kudos.  

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I encountered the same problem with my printer HP Office jet Pro X576dw MFP PCL6 but it was when I do the photocopying and after several attempts from the internet I accidently found the solution.

This is what I did:

1. If you have followed steps 1-7 on how to remove jammed papers in the guide and the message still comes up then do the following trick:

2. open the ADF (automatic document feeder) and while the ADF is still open, press  the 'ok' button, leave it until the process finish then close it. the message will go away and your printer will be back to normal. And that's how you fix it.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Sorry people the problem persist i just found out, it didn't really go away it was at first but it comes back. Don't try it

HP Recommended

we get paper jam error message on our printer (C480fw by Samsung) and it won’t print or scan or copy. 

Ironically, we have never experienced a paper jam per se. Does that mean there is a  sensor  or motherboard issue? 

Anyone else have a solution to this ? 

its a real pain as we just recently purchased a full set of ink cartridges and they were not cheap. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.