05-02-2014 06:14 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums.
I see that your Officejet 6500 is not picking paper correctly and telling you it's out of paper. I will do my best to help you with this.
For the issue that you're having, I would like to direct you to this document: 'Out of Paper' Error Message Displays and the Product Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper. Follow all the steps suggested in the document, and let me know how it goes.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)